Monday, July 21, 2008

Moving to a New Flat

The last couple of weeks I have been sleeping on the couch since everyone arrived back for Uni. I absolutely love my flat and my flatmates but I knew that I would eventually have to find another place so that I could actually unpack my clothes and stuff. Some friends from church invited me to come live in their flat last week, it sounded like a great opportunity as it would put me close to a lot of people from church but it was further away from work, church, Uni and the Octogan than I wanted to be. Yesterday I started looking for flats on Trademe (NZ version of Ebay) and responded to three adds because I knew I had to find a place fast. That night I got a text from one of the people I responded to and he asked me when would be a good time for me to check out the house. I told him I would check it out tomorrow around 11am but after he text me directions I realized the flat was just down the street. My flatmate Paul and I jumped on some bikes and went over to the house to check it out. Simon, the person who placed the add welcomed us and gave us a quick tour and introduced me to his flatmates. The room was fairly small but it had everything I needed such as a closet, desk and a bed that Simon said he would sell me for $100 bucks. I told him that I really liked it but that I still wanted to check out some more houses before I made my decision. This morning I started searching Trademe to find out which add it was that Simon had posted because I didn't remember seeing pictures of the house that I had went to the night before. Typically I only check the adds that have pictures but when I was on Trademe yesterday I found myself searching adds that didn't have any pictures. One of the adds I looked at said they were looking to find someone willing to join five Christian students in their flat. The add didn't have any pictures and I wasn't sure where the flat was located but it was one of the three adds I ended up responding to. So today I was looking for Simon's add and stumbled on the Christian student one again. When I looked at the bottom of the page to see the contact person it said Simon Seal. I didn't believe it! Really, I didn't think that this was the same Simon because that would just be too amazing. After I got out of the Uni library I text the Simon I had met with the night before and asked him what his Trademe name was. Simon text me back, "I think it might be Simon Seal", my jaw dropped. I was praying yesterday that God would help me find a new flat that is very close to where I am living now and that I would have some cool flatmates to live with. Wow, God is so good and he answers prayer in the most amazing ways. I told Simon that I was not evan going to look at any other houses, like I had mentioned, but that my search had ended and I was more than keen on moving in. I went over to Simon's flat again today at 11am and had a great time sharing with him and some of his flatmates that they had been an answer to prayer. Simon responded that I was an answer to his prayer in trying to find a good flatmate to replace him. "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:4-6

3 comments:

  1. Awesome to hear the good news! When will you be moving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey bro... i miss you a lot, and i am really excited about the things that God is doing in your life. I am at home this sunday cause i have strep throat. Anyways, i am listening to your phil wickam cd's and i am trying to find the song that you said was your theme song at the time. It was the one that talked about how you were moving on cause there was nothing left for you here. Let me know if you can help me find this song.
    Also... i am excited to tell you that i will be going to Canada this fall for sure. The first quarter payment has been made and things are coming together. Please be praying for me bro. I really miss you soo much. I hope you are having a blast and making a ton of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! That's awesome Alysson! I'm so glad to hear that God opened the door for you do go to TW. Will you be back around Christmas time or do I have to come visit you. The song you are thinking of is actually by Lealand, "Opposite Way", and the video is actually posted on the right side of my blog. I'm glad you're enjoying those Phil Wickham CD's, I love his music. I will definately keep you in my prayers and look forward to talking to you on Skype this week if I can get it up and running.

    ReplyDelete