Saturday, July 19, 2008

In the Life of a Kiwi: Week 4

can't believe it, I've already been here for four weeks! Time is just flying by and I am having the most incredible experience over here. Today I got to play guitar with the worship team at DCBC for the morning service, which was a lot of fun. After church many of the students went over to the ministry centre where we each brought our favourite pizza topping and made homemade pizzas. Last night I watched my friends band play at an Irish bar called the "Bog" and before that I was invited to have tea (dinner) with some friends from church at their house. Earlier on Saturday I went with my flatmate James to watch a Rugby match and before that I went to the local Farmers Market with Zac, Justus, Marlies (Zac's sister), and Jude. Friday I worked at the good ol' Lone Star and Thursday night I got to go to a concert and help pass out waters, lollies (candy) and Ice box (Otter Pops) with a youth ministry called the Red Frogs. The Red Frogs is an organization that started out in Australia and is just beginning to take root here in New Zealand. Red Frogs attend many secular functions such as concerts and parties and provide a better alternative than getting smashed with alcohol. Apart from handing out free goodies the Red Frogs attempt to show God's love through conversation and driving home those who are too intoxicated. Wednesday night I went to a potluck/Bible study that I really enjoyed and hope to become more involved in, depending on my work schedule. Monday and Tuesday night I worked and that pretty much sums up my week. Monday I did get to go to a gym with James at the student rec centre which was good times except for how sore I was the rest of the week. There are a lot of people I haven't heard from in a real long time and I would make my day if you emailed me or left a comment on my blog. Please continue to keep me in your prayers and let me know how I can pray for you. "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near." Philippians 4:4-5

3 comments:

  1. Hi Chris,

    Great post! Sounds like you're having a great time. I look at your blog almost every day to see what you're doing and am always thrilled when I see a post. We went to Wild Water Adventure today with Josh, Paula, Chad, Michelle and kids. It really was a fun day hanging out with everyone. Miss you.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Chris,
    I miss you! Why can't you just come in Fresno a little different day than Christmas? We might have a surprise party for you when you come back home to Fresno. I love you uncle Chris! I went to wild water adventures yesterday. I am having fun at VBS and at swim lessons. I have been playing with my friends and cousins a lot. I wanted to see how you were doing. Guess what I watched last night uncle Chris? I watched High School Musical, except it was on real tv, not on a dvd or in a movie theatre. I watched it past my bedtime. How are you doing in New Zealand Uncle Chris? In two months I am going to Disneyland. This has been a fun day typing to you. I really miss you lots and lots. xoxo. I love you!
    Love, Juliahna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juliahna,
    I love you and miss you so much and can't wait to come back and give you a monster hug! I'm glad you're having a fun summer at VBS and swim lessons. You are going to have so much fun at Disneyland, I hope you send me some pictures. I can't believe you got to stay up late past your bed time, don't you just love your mom and dad? I am having so much fun over here Juliahna! Yesterday I went for a bikeride to the beach then sat watching the big ocean waves as they crashed on the shore and rocks. During my first week here in NZ a little girl about your age blew me a kiss while she was in the backseat of a car as I walked by. Remember how I told you if you blew me a kiss that it just might reach me in NZ, well I think it worked! I loved the message you left me, you sure are a good writer! I love you one trillion universes and can't wait to see you at Christmas!

    Love,

    Chris

    ReplyDelete