Monday, September 29, 2008

A Weekend With My Best Friend


What an amazing week it has been! On Monday I came down with a cold that I'm still fighting but that didn't slow me down one bit. My best friend, Erik Johnson, came to visit me this weekend. From the time Erik arrived Friday afternoon until he left today, Monday afternoon, it has been non stop. Here's a rough itinerary or our weekend:


Friday


  • Lunch at Velvet Burger

  • Cruise the Octagon

  • Chocolate Factory Tour

  • Watch Narnia production, "The Dawn Treader", starring Zac as King Caspian

  • Zac and me perform at Sam Stock

Saturday



  • Breakfast at Capers, MMmm chocolate chip pancakes

  • Otago Museum, butterfly exhibit

  • Jude's 21st B-Day Luncheon

  • Speights Brewery Tour

  • Dinner at Lone Star, where I work

Sunday



  • Surf St. Clair and Blackhead Beach

  • Morning church

  • Lunch in the Botanical Gardens

  • World's Steepest Street with Pete (Erik), worship practice (me)

  • Lead Worship for night church at DCBC

  • Signal Hill

This morning Erik and I had breakfast at Capers again and after that it was time to pack up his stuff and drive him to the airport.


It was fun having my best friend in town, especially since we haven't spent that much time together over the last few years. We really had a chance to connect and talk about life for the first time which meant a lot to me and was definately the highlight of my weekend.



"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no
one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if
you do what I command."
John 15:12-14

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chris,
    That sounds amazing. Glad you had a blast of a time with Erik. Friendship does go a very long way.
    Thanks for being a blessing on Sunday.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete