Thursday, May 7, 2009

Doing what I love!

Yesterday, May 6th, 2009, was a very significant day for me as I started a new job. Before I left for New Zealand nearly a year ago I was serving as a worship leader for the Well Community Church. When I arrived back in California I immediately got plugged back in with the worship community at the Well and have been serving as a worship leader for the North Campus since February of this year(http://www.thewellcommunity.org/). Although I have served for over seven years at multiple churches leading worship I have yet to "officially" work at a church. On May 5th, Brent Lamb, the worship director for the Well, extended me the invitation to become the Well's new worship director for the North Campus PM services and to "officially" join the Well staff family. It was one of the most encouraging and rewarding calls I have ever received. I have held many jobs in my life but I have to say that this surpasses them all. Not everybody gets to do what they love and are passionate about, for work anyways. I'm overwhelmed with joy and excitement as I can't imagine anything else I would rather be doing! I get to work around people I love and admire and I get to spend my work days doing what I feel God created me to do. Through the summer I will only be working part time at the Well so I plan on keeping my job at Tahoe Joe's and working there when I can to save up a little extra money.

I would really appreciate your prayers as I dive into this ministry role at the Well Community Church. Specifically, that God will use me to be effective at my role as a worship director, that God will give me strength to resist the Devil when he tempts me, that I will have God's heart for His people and that I will manage my life and schedule in a way that is pleasing and honoring to Him.
"Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart."
Psalm 37:3,4

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Bro - what a great family to be a part of. You will be great. Your heart is in the right place and you can rock! Go usher them to the throne of God, our Father, Redeemer, Provider, Comforter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting news! Dave and I will be praying for sure.

    ReplyDelete