Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Why Am I Here?

Probably the most common question I get asked on a regular basis is what am I doing over here. To be completely honest it's a very difficult question for me to answer because I am still wondering that myself. Instead of telling you the WHY, I hope reading about the WHAT will give you better insight as to WHY I am here.


I first of all want to acknowledge God and declare how thankful I am for the blessings he's bestowed on me here in Dunedin, NZ. When I arrived here in on June 22nd of this year I had only a place to stay and even that was temporary. Over the last 17 weeks God has provided for me so many things, answered so many prayers and has allowed me to do some pretty cool stuff along the way. For those who are just joining me on this adventure here are some highlights.
  • I have a job working at the best restaurant in town , the Lone Star! The people I work with are so much fun and I enjoy spending time with them even outside of work.

  • I have made lots of friends at work, at church, with students attending university and especially those I have been flatting with and living amongst

  • I found a church to attend and serve at, DCBC. In fact I got to lead worship last Sunday and get to do it again this Sunday night out at the beach:)

  • I'm involved with a life group that meets on Wednesday nights where we spend time reading the Word and praying for each other.

  • I meet regularly with Mathew Scott, the worship pastor at DCBC, for accountability and spiritual growth

  • Joined the Red Frogs, an organization that aims at serving students and showing God's love in non traditional places and venues like secular concerts and such

  • My flatmate Josh has allowed me to use his bike as a form of transportation

  • I got to go snowboarding at Remarkables
  • I regularly go surfing with my mates Ben and Pete

  • I ran a marathon!!!

  • My best friend Erik came and visited me
  • I've played on a couple of social soccer teams
  • Got to sing and play at a Christian music festival, Sam Stock, with my good friend Zac. We also have played a couple of times at a bar called the Backstage, during open mic night
The list keeps going but most of this info you can find somewhere in my blog archives. The pictures that you see on this post are of a trip I took yesterday with my flatmates Josh and Dave up at Mt. Cargill. Mt. Cargill is one of the highest places in Dunedin and as you can see has some spectacular views!

25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Matthew 6:25-26




4 comments:

  1. Thanks Sarah! For some reason I always have the urge to do a handstand on top of steep, sketchy rocks and cliffs, just check out my Facebook pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chris what about the pictures of mom and dad :( ha ha. we miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha I know! Don't have any pictures of them together, looked everywhere!

    ReplyDelete